[kj] Happy Birthday Raven

Simon Abinett louiecipher33 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:37:20 EST 2011

Some great memories there
Thanks for sharing!

From: frenchyfrenzy at killingjoke.fr
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:57:58 +0100
Subject: Re: [kj] Happy Birthday Raven

Raven was the 1st guy of
the group I met at the Underworld in 2003 (just before being ejected from the
venue by their manager Patryck who I asked for a pen just for an autograph and
I was betrayed by my "french" accent

The only guy I shouldn't
have asked for a pen ;o)))

At the end of the night
thank to Rob Moss's photos pass i finally got the famous ones and my 1st
pictures with the group.

Everything really began
one month later in Geneva when I took my videocamera and tried to film the
rehearsal from the right side of the stage but from the outside of the venue
trying not to be seen by the famous manager ;o))

Raven noticed it and
welcomed me so kindly in their backstage room and said : "You can film
everything and everytime you want ...." and from that day I've filmed all
their gigs 'except the 2nd nights Astoria 03 and SBE 05 when the shows were
officially filmed.

It's a "return into
the circle" because everything ended for Raven in Geneva toowhere we had his funeral's "afterparty"

I'll never forget all
these moments like when he was trying to play drums before the Milano's gig in
June 05 and i called him 'Little Paul" behind the drums kit ha ha ha

Of course his legendary
english sense of humour is the thing that misses me most ....

I just remember when we
were wandering in Pigalle streets before the Ministry's tour in 2006, a young blonde lady
working for a strip tease club tried to invite us inside the club and he
whispered something to her ears and she replied : "no no no we can't do
that" ha ha ha (certainly something really really wild ;o)))

That's the last time i
saw him and he was very tired but always smiling and ready to take any funny
picture.

RIP Mister Raven

Stephane " Frenchy Frenzy"