[kj] Turn your knobs up to ’11 poll

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 15:32:45 EST 2011

Name: Saul

Model: Yes, please!

Special power: The power to, um, rise in the morning is always reassuring; bad
puns.

Best film(s) you saw last year
(not necessarily released last year): the original "Lion In Winter". Slow year.

Best TV show(s)/series
you watched last year: Burn Notice. Modern Family. CSI:MIA.

Best album(s) & single(s): Absolute Dissent.

Best book(s) you’ve read: Everything I've read so far by Franz Kafka; Permanent
Midnight (Jerry Stahl); History Of My Life (Casanova); The Prince
(Macchiavelli); The Emotional Life Of Nations (deMause); Protein Power
(Eades)[most useful]; Venas Abiertas of America Latina [The Let Veins of Latin
America] (Galeano); Canaris: Hitlers Master Spy, & Order Of the Death's Head
(Hoehne); Massacre at Montsegur (Oldenbourg);

Best gig(s):
All in L.A.,
Gang Of Four 2005
Underworld at the Wiltern 2001
Juno Reactor w/Amanpondo 2001
Ministry in '96ish
Kraftwerk 2005
Bauhaus every fuckin' time (twice in '98, 2005 twice @ Wiltern, once @
GlassHouse)

Maldita Vecindad '96

Best stand-up (gigs or TV, DVD etc): Eddie Izzard, Robin Williams, Katt
Williams, George Carlin, Chris Rock, Lenny Bruce.

Worst film(s): I don't remember the names of any of my Worsts, except on sight.

Worst TV show(s)/series: ALL REALITY TV

Worst album(s) & single(s): See Worst Film(s)

Worst book(s): see above

Worst gig(s): see above

Worst stand-up: see above

Any other highlights/low-points: see above

If you had to live your life by a single motto, what would that be?Oh God! What?

What’s your favourite constellation? Orion The Hunter.

Twitter or Facebook? Neither.

Hero of 2010:

Zero of 2010:

Any resolutions for this year:
What were your childhood ambitions? Have you managed to fulfil any or all of
them?

If you could bring one back,what would it be?
The (mythical?) thunderbird, and the Aurochs.

Feel free to add/amend questions. Just trying to generate some activity on the
list.
To write music and be in a band, to learn a few languages, to have my own shop
one day.

If you could make one species of animal extinct, what would it be?
certain viruses at most.