[kj] Scott Shite (OT)

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 10:32:42 EST 2011

Well that's nice. Obviously I'm aware that a lot of crap bands have number
one albums and that in and of itself it doesn't amount to that much but I
was trying to paint a general picture of a well-respected band because it
bugs me when people say they are "utter shite" rather than something like "I
respect them as musicians but their music is not my cup of tea". My point
being this was a band that resolutely refused to be fashionable and yet
still had a number one album. Spice Girls music was deliberately written to
sell. Big Country wasn't. Stuart Adamson, like Geordie, had a huge amount of
talent and his own distinctive sound. He could've sold out any number of
times but he never did. Instead he chose to write the music he actually
wanted to write. And it _still_ went to number one.