[kj] Knobs again.

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 18:47:16 EST 2011

Name:
Paul Wady

Model: Type
40, 1963 Tardis.

Special
power: I can send grown people
to sleep with the power of my voice.

Best film(s) you saw last year (not necessarily released last
year): Inception, Watchmen, Star Trek, District
9, Zombieland, The men who stare at goats, Sherlock Holmes was okay? (Yeah yeah, 2009. Wasn’t much last year.)

Best TV show(s)/series you watched last year: Sons of anarchy, Dexter, Ncis, The walking dead. Doctor Who (forever)

Best album(s) & single(s): Absolute dissent. Box set of all Velvet undergrounds
songs, Various Depeche Mode/Old human league and of course, John Foxx
recordings I’ve finally caught up with.

In
Excelsis as the single.

Best book(s) you’ve read: John Le Carre’s the Smiley trilogy: Tinker Tailor, Honourable schoolboy and Smiley’s
People. William Gibsons Zero
history, which I got him to sign & then convinced him I was stealing from
the shop. (Long story).

Best gig(s):

John
Foxx at the roundhouse. Killing
joke at the Hammersmith Apollo.
Adam Ant at the Union Chapel.
Mr Solo at the Buffallo bar. I played half a dozen gigs of my Model
Aircraft Museum music and did one as the Paul Wady Experience. I enjoyed then anyway.

Best
stand-up (gigs or TV, DVD etc):

Some
American called Bill Hicks. Anyone
know him? Hows he doing? Me in the living room with the Mrs. Tricity
Vogue, The Blue Lady, and her pal Dusty Limits on at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern
etc.

Worst
TV show(s)/series: Big Brother, X Factor, anything with Boyle in it. Yes, I agree and just about most things
on tv that aren’t factual or don’t contain murders.

Any other highlights/low-points:

UP: Being married for a second year, making
more music and living the same life as last year. Same flat/job/trains to and from. LOVE IT.
Getting back with best mate of 37 years I got arrested with defending
from an assault in 2004. Writing
my book, every few thousand words at a time. Hope it is any good.

Walking
into a Hammersmith pub and finding this bunch of tough old maniacs and
psychopaths with Killing Joke t-shirts on their grown kids and themselves. They can’t all look like me…

DOWN: Erm…need more money? Wife still delicate in health? Told I was overexercising when I
thought I was having heart attacks?
Having a doctor check my prostrate by sticking his finger up my bum. JESUS! I said to him immediately…You could have bought me a drink…

If you had to live your life by a single
motto, what would that be? However bad it is, bring on more. It makes you more able to cope.

Best Film – Beneath the valley of the Ultravixens. It changed my life, now and
forever.

Twitter or Facebook? Facebook.

Hero of 2010: My Wife.

Zero of 2010: No one in particular. The usual old crowd of bastards I have
not seen for years, but they are out there somewhere.

Any resolutions for this year: Lower cholesterol and more sex. To one day play the NY venue I visited
in 2009, the Cake Shop.

What were your childhood ambitions? Have you
managed to fulfil any or all of them?

To be on Doctor Who, to write and direct and
star in my own science fiction tv show.
I have. It is called my daily
life. To write a book. One out of three so far.

Not joking when I say that all I really had,
where the above.