[kj] Turn your knobs up to ’11 poll

Paul Gorman [Online] PaulGorman at ireland.com
Wed Jan 12 07:56:25 EST 2011

*Name*: Paul

*Model*: 65 (Custom Convertible)

*Special power*: Can stop a bus with one hand
*Best film(s) you saw last year (not necessarily released last year)*: Requim for Detriot, Inception, Oil City Confidential and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest
*Best TV show(s)/series you watched last year*: Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Broadwalk Empire, This Is England '86, and The Walking Dead

*Best album(s) & single(s)*: Absolute Decent (of course) Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky, The Orb, 'Metallic Spheres' Feat. David Gilmour, Deadmau5 - 4X4=12 and a few others I just can't think of just now

*Best book(s) you’ve read*: Amexica: War Along the Borderline, only one that springs to mind, would have to check the floor
*Best gig(s)*: Killing Joke @ The Button Factory, Dublin and Leftfield and PiL @ Electric Picnic, Laois, Ireland.

*Best stand-up (gigs or TV, DVD etc)*: Dara O'Brien and Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights
*Worst film(s)*: Did not download to many bad ones, but was disappointed with Buried

*Worst TV show(s)/series*: Did not watch or download any I can remember being bad

*Worst album(s) & single(s)*: To many to mention but was disappointed with the Manic Street Preachers, Postcards From A Young Man

*Worst book(s)*: SQL Manual zzz

*Worst gig(s)*: No bad ones, but The Stranglers, only because it absolutely pissed down rain while they played, other than that they were great.

*Worst stand-up*: None

*Any other highlights/low-points*: Realising I live in a bankrupt country (low) Friend giving birth to a son (High)

*If you had to live your life by a single motto, what would that be? *Go For it!

*What’s your favourite constellation? *The Plough, huge historical significance for me ( http://flagspot.net/flags/ie-stpl.html )
*Twitter or Facebook? *Have both, but seldom use either
*Hero of 2010*: My Family

*Zero of 2010*: Brian "Biffo" Cowen, Irish Taoiseach (prime minister)
*Any resolutions for this year*: Nope

*What were your childhood ambitions? Have you managed to fulfil any or all of them? *Make it to 40, Yes (just about) on bonus time now :o)
*If you could make one species of animal extinct, what would it be? *Politicans