[kj] Turn your knobs up to ’11 poll

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 04:28:45 EST 2011

Yay poll!
It's been too long, nice one Paul.

On 11 Jan 2011, at 19:30, Paul Rangecroft wrote:

Name:
fat jamie

Model:
1970

Special power:
hoodoo (name the film)

Best film(s) you saw last year (not necessarily released last year):
I only saw films with the kids but I loved despicable me, how to train a dragon & shrek 3

Best TV show(s)/series you watched last year:
breaking bad
dexter
true blood
weeds
big bang theory

Best album(s) & single(s):
Aside from the obvious lots although I discovered a lot of stuff that wasn't released last year
I enjoyed pendulum immersion, Apparatjik, biffy clyro & a ruck of others I can't think of right now

Best book(s) you’ve read:
I read lots but but never really pay any attention to the title or author.
I find Lee Childs Jack Reacher series reliably enjoyable nonsense.

Best gig(s):
didn't got to any last year, but I played some blinders with one of the nobody bands i'm in - one in Clitheroe before Xmas being particularly memorable.

Best stand-up:
OK, I've stood up.
Best sit down now.

Worst film(s):
bar kids stuff I've not really watched any

Worst TV show(s)/series:
Flash Forward

Worst album(s) & single(s):
to many to mention

Worst book(s):
some james patterson I put down very quickly.
life's too short to read a book you dont; enjoy

Worst gig(s):
again, didn't go to any last year but played a few atrocious dos with the 'other' band I'm in (for reasons that escape me)
A 40th full of mute inbreds at a real shit hole in warrington where a huge light fell & smashed into the middle of a table of guests being one of the worst evenings i have ever had to endure.

Worst stand-up:
doesn't interest me.

Any other highlights/low-points:
highlights: family, one of the bands i'm in & remodelling the house
low points: work has been very hit & miss.

If you had to live your life by a single motto, what would that be?
be kind, be happy

What’s your favourite constellation?
what a nice question & one I've never considered.
Probably Casiopea as I remember my dad pointing it out to me years ago walking back drunk down a dark country lane from our 1st pint together a day or so after my 18th b'day.
It's still the 1st one I look for on a clear night.
I also like the plough (big dipper/ursa major/great bear). It's easy & dependable.

Twitter or Facebook?
facebook

Hero of 2010:
the ever shiny mrs fatpotanga

Zero of 2010:
me

Any resolutions for this year:
years ago i resolved never to make new year resolutions.

What were your childhood ambitions?
to be in a band for a living & release an album.
Have you managed to fulfil any or all of them?
Yes, almost & no.

If you could make one species of animal extinct, what would it be?
I'd like to get my pipe out & say people. however you look at it, as a species we're accountable for a hell of a lot.