[kj] Turn your knobs up to '11 poll

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Jan 11 18:19:06 EST 2011

Name: Brendan Quinn

Model: 1973

Special power: Intermittent perspicacity

Best film(s) you saw last year (not necessarily released last year): The Big
Lebowski. This is unlikely to change.

Best TV show(s)/series you watched last year: Eastbound and Down Series 2

Best album(s) & single(s): Album - Soundgarden, Telephantasm. Single -
Soundgarden, Black Rain.

Best book(s) you've read: Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion (again)

Best gig(s): 1 - Porcupine Tree, 2 - Faith No More.

Best stand-up (gigs or TV, DVD etc): Dave Chappelle

Worst film(s): Avatar (3D)

Worst TV show(s)/series: Any reality cooking shite

Worst album(s) & single(s): Skin Yard, something or other, back catalog
purchase as a Soundgarden completist

Worst book(s): Top Performance - Zig Ziggler

Worst gig(s): Seeing Jimmy Eat World at a rock / metal festival.

Worst stand-up: None

Any other highlights/low-points: Locking myself out of my apartment at 5am
Sunday morning in track pants, bare feet, 3-day growth, singlet, and
carrying a can of Raid (after cleaning a maggot infestation that I sat
through for an hour not knowing it was going on cos the light was off...)

If you had to live your life by a single motto, what would that be? Robert
Anton Wilson's Cosmic Schmuck Principle - If you don't wake up, once a month
at least, and realize that you have been acting like a Cosmic Schmuck again,
then you will probably go on acting like a cosmic schmuck forever; but if
you do, occasionally, recognize your Cosmic Schmuckiness, then you might
begin to become a little less Schmucky that the general human average at
this primitive stage of terrestrial evolution.

What's your favourite constellation? Doubt I could find more than one or two
consteellations to be honest, let alone pick a favourite.

Twitter or Facebook? Neither

Hero of 2010: Ian King, my coach's coach and the reason I can train again.

Zero of 2010: Bernie Madoff

Any resolutions for this year: No that's not how motivation works for me

What were your childhood ambitions? Have you managed to fulfil any or all of
them? Living forever. On target so far.

If you could make one species of animal extinct, what would it be? Lawyers

Feel free to add/amend questions. Just trying to generate some activity on
the list.