[kj] OT - Tunis, Egypt, Iran, Lybia.. Wisconsin??

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:03:01 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM, folk devil <folk.devil at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I might have a lot more to say about this.

> Please elaborate on "people are not physically afraid to protest "..

In recent history in the U.S., people are not afraid that a peaceful
protest about any issue (even if protesters have guns and/or on
private property) will cause police or national guard to respond with
deadly force or at worst beyond crowd-dispersal tactics. Military
forces supposedly are not allowed to fight in the U.S., and that has
not happened in quite a long time. (Military were involved in New
Orleans / Katrina, for example, supposedly not against the people but
for emergency efforts.) Tradition is that physical crowds in the U.S.
do not face the level of physical threats as in many other nations.
(Not to ignore Kent State and various small-scale, private nuts.)

--Mark