[kj] TIME Magazine on The Singularity

bongo humanhybrid666 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 01:37:35 EST 2011

postponed indefinitely..."

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Brendan <bq at soundgardener.co.nz> wrote:

> "how do we know we aren't already immortal"

> That isn't an argument - the onus is on the one making extraordinary

> claims to supply extraordinary evidence.

fuck your onus, i didn't claim anything, so you prove me wrong!
i could say that through experience and understanding i can see clearly the
immortality of all things... if you cant see it, its something i cant show
you..
when the student is ready the teacher will appear, mwahahahahaha!!

> Which as far as evidence for an

> immortal soul, adds up to zero.

i'll save this one for guinness i think . . . . . . . . .

=)

> (But centuries of oppression from

> religious loon-jobs supposedly acting on instructions from higher powers -

> who happen to be permanently invisible and insane)

> Religious miracles / visitations / out of body experiences / magic /

> prophecy / UFOs - have you ever noticed how the strongest 'evidence'

> behind most of that stuff is anecdotal reports from unreliable witnesses?

> Fuzzy single shot pictures? Coincidence that 'aliens' tend to be humanoid

> in shape? We've got millions to billions of people now wandering around

> with camera phones...orders or magnitude more than the 50s / 60s / 70s /

> 80s - has the incidence of UFO / supernatural footage gone up to the same

> extent?

> "whats wrong with living and dying?"

> Dying.

what would you do with consciously being in all eternity? get bored much?
how about play hide and seek with yourself... maybe pretend you are a human
for a wee while, or a centipede, or a crustacean...!

has alan watts not sunk into you?

=)

> "what good can come from egocentric megalomaniacs dominating more of the

> future?"

> Cyborg pectoral implants & willing robot sex slaves

do you use your ego or does your ego use you?
(not a stab at you being whatever, just a consideration about the underlying
drives of ones experience in this ephemeral world)

=)