[kj] TIME Magazine on The Singularity

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Mon Feb 14 18:21:23 EST 2011

"how do we know we aren't already immortal"

That isn't an argument - the onus is on the one making extraordinary
claims to supply extraordinary evidence. Which as far as evidence for an
immortal soul, adds up to zero. (But centuries of oppression from
religious loon-jobs supposedly acting on instructions from higher powers -
who happen to be permanently invisible and insane)

Religious miracles / visitations / out of body experiences / magic /
prophecy / UFOs - have you ever noticed how the strongest 'evidence'
behind most of that stuff is anecdotal reports from unreliable witnesses?
Fuzzy single shot pictures? Coincidence that 'aliens' tend to be humanoid
in shape? We've got millions to billions of people now wandering around
with camera phones...orders or magnitude more than the 50s / 60s / 70s /
80s - has the incidence of UFO / supernatural footage gone up to the same
extent?

"whats wrong with living and dying?"

Dying.

"what good can come from egocentric megalomaniacs dominating more of the
future?"

Cyborg pectoral implants & willing robot sex slaves