[kj] OT -- 9%... 10%...

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:18:23 EST 2011

Everyone craving distraction. Revolt for distraction.

Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:21:41 +1300
From: bq at soundgardener.co.nz
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] OT -- 9%... 10%...

Bread and Circuses come to mind

Agree – that goes back to ancient Rome, gladiatorial games sometimes lasting up to weeks, to keep the plebs distracted with violent nonsense.

Same effect is achieved today with sports, television, tech gadgets, video games, celebrities and their antics, fashion and other trends, pop music etc (btw I indulge in almost all of the former, except fashion - I’m pretty much morbidly unfashionable - the question is how distracted you allow yourself to become….)