[kj] (OT) R.I.P. Gary Moore

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Mon Feb 7 17:12:29 EST 2011

Peter Moltesen wrote:

> That was terribly sad news

> I first heard of him when he joined Thin Lizzy - I was and still am a big

> Lizzy fan (though can't make my mind up about the current Philip-less

> version), and I remember seeing him sometime in the early eighties - it was

> around the time Corridors of Power came out - brilliant !!

> Gary Moore and Michael Schenker were my two favourite guitarists back

> then....

> I must admit I never really heard much of his later blues albums - are they

> worth a listen ?

Moore pretty much ran his blues shtick into the ground over the last 15+ years. IMO, if you picked up "Still Got The Blues" and are
only a casual listener, that's all you need. After that one, I'd probably recommend "After Hours" and "BBM" which is basically Moore
fronting Cream (Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker). I will also say the album "SCARS" which came out around '02 and is more in the
psychedelic Hendrix style is probably his best album of the last 10 years. His semi-electronica album "A Different Beat" from
around '99 is terrible and should be avoided at all costs.

T.B.