[kj] OT - Cellphone / gig-recording Question

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 22:31:16 EST 2011

Anyone know of cellphones out there that can capture a concert or other similar
event with half-decent sound, meaning with as little treble(the highs) getting
clipped off the top and as little bass popping/distortion (muddied up,
atrocious, etc.) as possible? (doesn't matter if the cellphone/mobile is not
available in the U.S. - where I am - I still want your ideas and gear
suggestions).

Looking thru Youtube clips I find some are great-sounding and others.. .. not so
much. I am assuming a high level of cellphone-sources for these clips, because I
can't think of even 1 venue that'll let you walk in with a fullblown actual
videocamera. "Hi, I'm here to film the gig. .. .  For Youtube? Thanks!"  Nah
don't think so.
Anyway, I know venue acoustics n' all accounts for lots, but I'm still trying to
figure out how to get a good video at a gig.

Thanks for all input,