[kj] April Fools - Royal Festival Hall?

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:29:49 EST 2011

Hmm, yeah, thinking about it, my only experience of this place was Motorhead
at Meltdown in 2008 I think?
Bought (what I thought would be) great seats on a balcony right near one
side of the stage. When the gig
started the sound was truly atrocious, just white noise more or less. I went
to move into the front middle
and of course was stopped by a jobsworth, except it turned out everyone on
the balcony had had the same
idea as me so there were too many people to stop. The sound in the middle of
the hall was actually
fine, so it turned out to be a good gig, but we were constantly hassled by
South Bank folk
desperately trying to get us to go back to our seats/sit down etc. But the
sound was massively variable
depending on where you stood/sat. Not a good omen for a KJ gig.