[kj] OT: Lydon, US v UK punk - Politics and Personalities

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 18:20:43 EST 2011

> ..had any discussions with any 'Tea Party people'.......

(can you really call them "discussions"??)

No, I haven't knowingly talked in-depth with any members of the TPP faction.
Most people 'round "these here parts" don't speak about that kind of stuff to
others anyway unless they know a priori [a phrase most of them won't know]
that the listener is both already a convert and in the choir.

> them not really having much understanding of the US constitution, or History

>(such as previous Presidents).

  I'm sure they think they're plenty smart, and I've read and believe that
several of them are (college-educated, not necessarily meaning 'smart' in any
otherwise meaningful way) - but then again, read their tragically illiterate
posters... tells sooo much about them.
  Whenever they tout how not-dumb' they are, which they sure do make of point
regularly (issue, much??), I say to that, taht even the German Nazi party's
membership was average age 30, with at least a college degree (= middle class or
greater) under their belt, so education doesn't automatically equate with being
a "better person."
Next time you see one tell he/she that if they're so interested in "taking their
country back" tell them that instead of scaring with their pistols their liberal
little-brothers, tell 'em to take their little shiny toy guns deep down into the
'hood and "take America back" from all the criminals and gangbangers instead.
But they'd prolly shit their 1,200-thread-count panties at the thought of facing
their worst fears.

And, next time they tell you to go back, tell them that your U.S. passport would
only bring you right.. back.. here... . So, wtf?

Oh, and btw, they apparently think history is just an anachronism, or as they'd
write it on their posters, "...just an achronism."

What worries the fuck out of me is that, whenever countries get to this place,
it never ends well.  But, hell, if we just stay quiet long enough, it'll just go
away.