[kj] OT: Lydon (reposted)

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 03:28:52 EST 2011

I'm re-posting to get rid of that video that appeared in my previous post. Unnecessary maybe, but it will bug me all morning if I don't.

I'm not trying to fan the flames of this debate as I don't personally
have an interest. However, I like history, so for the punk historians on
the board, from today's '60 second' interview in the Metro:

Q:
If the Pistols hadn't existed, would punk have happened?

A:
No. There's confusion about this from people who should know better.
Whatever was happening in New York was being done by much older people
than us who were interested in the poetry of Rimbaud or glam rock -
which isn't where we were. Older acts claimed it came from them first,
which isn't right.

Apart from that, he says he's releasing a
book called Mr Rotten's Scrapbook, limited edition, 750 copies, £449
(that's not a typo!). He also says the butter adverts funded the PiL
tours.