[kj] It's a Boxing Day miracle!

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Dec 27 18:55:42 EST 2011

Let x = the sublime prog rock experience that is Porcupine Tree

Let y = Jon's subjective opinion about Porcupine Tree

It is logically inconsistent to formulate an equation x = y, as y is an
opinion not a fact.

Porcupine Tree are dreadful is therefore an assertion, not a fact.

Using Korzybskian syntax we can resolve the conflict neatly, with the
following example:

Porcupine Tree were so transcendentally brilliant to me when I saw them in
2009 that I creamed my metaphorical panties

Please read chapter 1 of 'Musical re-education for the ex punk' before next
class, and bring your copies of Night at the Opera.