[kj] Garland Jeffreys

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Sun Dec 11 17:10:14 EST 2011

Saw a guy in his late 60s--Garland Jeffreys--last night at a ver small club. Also go to meet him. Great show--mix of r-n-b, rock, blues, folk, and roots reggae (he did a song w/ LKJ once)...
sort of like Graham Parker (who I also saw recently in the same small club) w/more 60s influence. The merch man told me that, since he just released his first album in 13 years,
he's been living off royalties. I was surprised, since he's completely unkonwn in the US, but the merch guy said he's still big in Europe. Anyone know if that's true?