[kj] rammstein-shine or shit?

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sun Dec 11 16:05:37 EST 2011

Rammstein were not-quite headliners at a festival gig I went to a year ago,
below Tool. As much as I thought I'd never live to see the day, they
probably put on a better show. Lead singer had a ton of stage presence and
energy, and volume, and Tool just couldn't get it up, Maynard fluffed a
chorus or two etc. Too much bloody wine maybe.

I'm in a similar boat, never really gave Rammstein much effort, but perhaps
for that reason, on the day I was really surprised and they basically stole
the show. I only got in front of them so I could better position myself for
the Tool (oo er). I've got the Mutter album but never really listened to it
other than Du Hast, which is cool but pretty metal by numbers. The thing is
an annoying size and sticks out in my collection, bloody germans ;p

So my 2c - don't really know if they have any nuance but if you like a good
metal stadium gig, they deliver.