[kj] OT: (A bit of) Friday Fun

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Dec 9 15:00:30 EST 2011

There's a documentary about the guy in the video - Jack Rebney - and his
angry between-take rants, it's called 'Winnebago Man'.the crew found him so
amusing that they kept rolling between takes, then after the ad was filmed
(and he was subsequently fired) and came out, they edited it down to just
his rants and it was passed around on VHS forever until Youtube came along,
at which point it went huge. I can't believe I'm so late to the party. Even
before it hit youtube there were people who'd watched it hundreds of times
on VHS.