[kj] Makes you proud to be British !

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 11:02:38 EST 2011

Sorry - I didn't mean "natural" as in "innate", but rather that it was comfortable or easy.

I'm not saying that any given form of prejudice is innate. (I'd actually say that each form is against our better nature.) But it does seem - historically - that people find it comfortable to be lazy in their assumptions about others, and to blame others for their own problems. And it's a tendency that political and religious leaders have exploited down the centuries.

Scientifically... nurture... nature... who knows? Not me.

Jamie