[kj] (OT) Queens of the Stone Age bassist/prison/drugs/guns

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:19:58 EDT 2011

Yes... his wild man of rock persona seems to have mutated into general
sociopath.
Josh Homme said he kicked Oliveri out of QOTSA because he was hitting his
girlfriend at the time.

It happened a few days before the Bukta festival in north Norway, which I
went
to mostly because of Kyuss playing, so I was prepared for the worst. But he
apparently
got out on $100,000 bail and was allowed to travel.

I just saw Kyuss again this Saturday at the Oslo Oya festival. They were
f'ing great, as ever.
But the other Kyuss bassist, Scott Reeder, replaced Oliveri for a few shows
early in the month
- I think they should do the obvious thing and make it permanent.