[kj] Tour drummer will be Ben Calvert: FYI

Marcel spooman at freenet.de
Wed Apr 13 19:55:10 EDT 2011

- Didn't Jaz and Youth share a bunch of producer credits on those
orchestral remakes of classic rock? Not really sure about that... I
personally think most of them are awful. More mainstream than
mainstream. With the exception of Led Zep and Doors, which were ok.
Jaz has his "romantic" classical, pseudo-classical projects - some of
which are much too sweet for me, some are good, also there's soundtrack
stuff, his ethno-pop stuff etc... but I do think there's more money in
it than he claims - 2 sets of jeans and shirts and a couple of cigars?
Hm, I think there's more in it... But as it has been said: Bollocks, who
cares? I care about a good record and a good show. AD is a pretty good
record in my opinion, but not more. The hype around the original lineup
was big enough to make everybody freak out, but - as it has been said -
the test of time shows that it's just another good record and no revelation.
- Am I totally wrong, or is it pretty obvious that Atkins would have
never been a choice for Jaz? I own some Pigface stuff etc. and he sure
is a great drummer, but I thought such an arrangement seemed kinda
unrealistic. I can't imagine Jaz and Youth get along with him at all.
- I also presume that BPF's job isn't the worst you can think of and
probably paid rather well, depending on the artifact he's restoring. Am
I mistaken, or did he talk about his work in a lenghty interview a
couple of years ago? Right now I even think it was done by AlexInNy, but
maybe I'm too drunk and confuse stuff...