[kj] Tour drummer will be Ben Calvert: FYI

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Mon Apr 11 14:41:06 EDT 2011

My $.02:

I saw Atkins with KJ back in 1991 and while he may be a swell guy, he was a one-note basher who made every song sound exactly the same. I saw Parsons multiple times during the 2004 US tour and this guy struggled with anything even remotely up-tempo. Watching him wrestle with "Seeing Red" live was painful. I saw Dugmore 6 times during the '94 tour and he was a perfectly serviceable journeyman with no personality whatsoever. I have not seen Ben Calvert live but the 2005 reunion vid indicates that he is an able replacement on both the old and new material. It also makes more sense since he already knows the back catalogue.