[kj] ESS 'dubstep' remix

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Mon Apr 4 23:03:21 EDT 2011

It's inexcusable that the original version of this song could never make it onto bullshit US "alternative" radio (the new album hasn't

even made it onto college radio, b/c those stations have not received it). They won't play anything by a band that has more than

3 or 4 albums out (except for a few megastars like U2 and Radiohead). At least some of the newer bands (Arcade Fire, Killers--in small doses,

TV on the Radio, Strokes, and many others) are more tolerable than the puke that was on those stations in the 90s (Soundgarbage, Nirvana, Offspring, Happy Mondays...

I know I'm offending some people but I hated that stuff!). At least in the 90s though, they would occasionally touch some semi-independent bands like the Joke,

Bad Religion, Consolidated, and there was of corse Rancid and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, both absolutely terrific mainstays of US "alt" radio.