[kj] RFH, Southbank

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Sat Apr 2 02:07:26 EDT 2011

I was up rarher earlier (06:15) than i'd like to be after a gig but must confirm what an awesome audio & visual assault on the senses it was last night (stunning work from Colesy). No surprises in the setlist but it was a triumphant performance IMHO - it felt more like a showcase rather than a "real" Killing Joke gig but mixed with the visuals, it became a truly apocalyptic experience - even the often maligned Asteroid became a monster of megaton proportions with the huge visual backdrop. It helped being 3 rows from the front (Mr Peace next to me & Rob Cannell just behind) but almost everyone was up on their feet throughout the set. It got a bit mad immediately in front of the stage later & hopefully nobody got hurt as several collided with the front row seating.

Nice to see so many familiar faces, none less than Dave Wright who made it into the mosh & hopefully found it all a hugely cathartic experience after his recent tragic events.

Several of us got interviewed outside the venue before the gig for winkball.com - asked to explain about our love of Killing Joke. I guess there is a link - will post it if I find it. Cheers.

Regards, Antoni

Sent from my iPhone