[kj] Greetings Gatherers

countessghoulita at aol.com countessghoulita at aol.com
Mon Sep 27 18:07:26 EDT 2010

Welcome, Bradford!

CG

-----Original Message-----
From: Bradford Pomeroy <bradfordpomeroy at gmail.com>
To: gathering <gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Mon, Sep 27, 2010 1:40 pm
Subject: [kj] Greetings Gatherers

I’ve been checking in on this site from time to timefor years. I’ve been a long time KJ fan since I first discovered acassette NIGHT TIME in 1990. If I recall, it was black with a silver label. Isuppose I’m a Fanatic (as Rollins would say). I’ve been lucky tosee KJ twice. The first time was in DC @ The Black Cat on their KJ 2003 tour. I’mglad I saw that one as it seems Jaz was not well and ended up cancelling theirPhilly performance after that. The next time was their last show in LA @ Houseof Blues. What an amazing show that was. The songs, the sound, and the overallspirit of the band. I never even thought I would ever hear some of those songsplayed live. I got to see WIRE right around the same time so that was good yearto say the least.

KJ’s music has been a significant part of my life’sbackground score. I think they’re simply brilliant. The variety of imageryand emotions their sound has been able to produce within me is unmatched. Be itthe post-punk genius of Requiem, Tomorrow’s World; or Complications orthe beauty of Love Like Blood, Lanterns, The Raven King, et al. Of course thenthere is the true sounds of madness: We Have Joy or Whiteout. I could on andbore you forever with this stuff, so I’ll spare you.

I just wanted to finally drop in and take part in thespirited dialogue that often permeates this group. Let me say I am happy to behear and look forward to discussions (especially about Absolute Dissent).

Ganbatte!

B.E.P.