[kj] Greetings Gatherers

Bradford Pomeroy bradfordpomeroy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:40:07 EDT 2010

I've been checking in on this site from time to time for years. I've been a
long time KJ fan since I first discovered a cassette NIGHT TIME in 1990. If
I recall, it was black with a silver label. I suppose I'm a Fanatic (as
Rollins would say). I've been lucky to see KJ twice. The first time was in
DC @ The Black Cat on their KJ 2003 tour. I'm glad I saw that one as it
seems Jaz was not well and ended up cancelling their Philly performance
after that. The next time was their last show in LA @ House of Blues. What
an amazing show that was. The songs, the sound, and the overall spirit of
the band. I never even thought I would ever hear some of those songs played
live. I got to see WIRE right around the same time so that was good year to
say the least.

KJ's music has been a significant part of my life's background score. I
think they're simply brilliant. The variety of imagery and emotions their
sound has been able to produce within me is unmatched. Be it the post-punk
genius of Requiem, Tomorrow's World; or Complications or the beauty of Love
Like Blood, Lanterns, The Raven King, et al. Of course then there is the
true sounds of madness: We Have Joy or Whiteout. I could on and bore you
forever with this stuff, so I'll spare you.

I just wanted to finally drop in and take part in the spirited dialogue that
often permeates this group. Let me say I am happy to be hear and look
forward to discussions (especially about Absolute Dissent).

Ganbatte!

B.E.P.