[kj] New Moder Army and KJ

countessghoulita at aol.com countessghoulita at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 09:46:50 EDT 2010

Very interesting post here--both from nomeanswhat and you, Mike. NMA have always shown great loyalty to their fans and all of them are KJ fans too. They are famous for being really personable people and I am glad you could spend some quality time with them, nomeanswhat , and you, Mike, could actually open for them:). Lucky lads indeed.

As far as the Rubicon phase is concerned, I completely agree with you, Mike, that the music in their first album "What Starts Ends" was amazing and a natural continuum to FOTN, but the singer's voice was really shite. That album came out in 1992, one year after the first album by Asylum, "Suckling the Mutant Mother" had been released. This release was produced by Robert Heaton, long-time NMA drummer who passed away of cancer in 2004. Well, that release made FOTN fans really happy, the opening tack "In Asylum" sounds like FOTN (and I played a prank on friends who did not know the band, telling them I just got a FOTN rarity. They loved the track so much they thought it was Carl McCoy singing and a true Fields of The Nephilim boot, and I let them simmer for a while before revealing it was actually Asylum ;)

Get it, if you love FOTN and want to pay respect to NMA as well :)

CG