[kj] New Moder Army and KJ

n0153 jr nomeanswhat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 15:21:28 EDT 2010

This weekend I went to a couple of New Model Army concerts and, yesterday
got to meed the guys and go out for a drink with them. As I was wearing a
Wardance KJ shirt, obviously the talk gravitated towards them eventually. We
rode my car from the venue to this very shitty bar and I played Justin the
new KJ album and he was overwhelmed by how good it was and he said at one
point: "we were meant to play together a handful of times, but they are very
difficult people. I mean, they are all great guys, but their management is
fucked up, they book dates and they simply cancel them when it draws near".
other than that, he really liked Absolute Dissent.

At one point I commented about album sales and how ridiculously HFTBOH have
performed and he was rather impressed and said that his albums sometimes
sells just that, 20, 30, luckily, 40 thousand copies too and that after mp3
it really took a nose dive but that he did not care about that, that that's
just the way it is now and that's ok, at least more people are getting to
know the band.

This feeling towards KJ was shared even by their light guy. All of the guys
complimented me on the shirt and added that information about being
impossible to play with them because they will always cancel on you. What's
startling was the fact that nobody knew that a new KJ album is about to be
released tomorrow and when I talked about the new album they thought I was
on about Hosannas.

See, we, the fans, are not the only one bothered by KJ's frequent canceling
shows!

That said, yesterday was a memorable night for me as a New Model Army fan!

:)

cheerio