[kj] Absolute Dissent - a little bit late...

jon chapman jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 13:07:45 EDT 2010

Similar view to mine,just that Absolute Dissent is ok,ESS is crap,Depth charge could have been better,still good but. This world hell i hated at first,but like you said,it's a grower.

Dear Gatherers,

"someone please call the guys from spinefarm and tell them to stop the pressing of absolute dissent right now!!!!"
the release shall be postponed again!!! I have a few changes to suggest!!! LOL!!!!!

last week I took a few days off work and lost most of the e-mails with the links to download the new album.

I´ve returned on monday and immedietly downloaded it!! I tried, but I couldn´t resist listening to it before I receive the fisycal copy.

my impressions so far, after at least 10 complete listenings to the album!!!

Absolute Dissent - Absolute Classic, awesome bass line!!!

The Great Cull - Fantastic!!! the riff is suberb!!! - one of my favourites!!!! I like when Jaz sings "...Farmaceutical Companies, all fall down, all fall down!!!!"

Fresh Fever From The Skyes - when i first heard this song on the 2008 tour I didn´t like it much, but the studio version is perfect and is growing on me!!! very powerfull chorus!!!!

In Excelsis - for me, the weakest track on the record, should´ve been kept only as a single (along with Ghosts of Ladbroke Groove) I´ve rather have KaliYuga instead, or even one of those songs that didn´t make it to the record, sixth sun, timewave, I am war, etc.

ESS - destined to be a major hit, as soon as possible I´ll put it on the dance floor of jokers just to see the reaction of people, can´t wait to get my hands on the official single release!

This World Hell - nice tune, powerfull!!!!, but still growing on me....

EndGame - Strong tune!!!! as someone has already said!!! would fit very well as a single!!!

The Raven King - Epic track!!!! Jaz singing at his best, very emotional chorus!!! one of the best songs of the album, excelent drumming and very nice snare sound, and even a few tribals on the ending!!!! for me, the next Love Like Blood, a song that brought me emotions that I haven´t felt since nighttime and BTATS period!!!!
hope they play it live on the tour!!!! a song to shed tears!!!!

Honour The Fire - one of my favourites of the album!!! music to play while driving!!! A song that should have been choosen to end the album.

DepthCharge - Fantastic!!!! Energic!!! Nervous!!!! this is Killing Joke!!!!

Here Comes the Singularity - oh Geordie, what a fantastic riff!!! this is Killing Joke!!!! the song brings me back to Fire Dances and Nighttime period!!!! also one of my favourites!!!!!

Ghosts Of Ladbroke Groove - excelent single, but I would keep it off the album, I don´t know why, but I don´t think it fits well,
like I said before, I would have choosen to end the album with Honour The Fire!!!

one thing that i miss on the album is more tribal drumming from Big Paul,
his tribal drumming patterns is what makes me consider him as one of the best drummers in the world,
songs like, unspeakable, birds of a feather, a new day, nighttime, etc. speak for themselves

I think that Absolute Dissent is a back to form for Big Paul, and the band as an unity as well!!!
I am almost sure that his drumming would improve on the next album,
and let´s make clear that I don´t dislike what he did, but that I think that he has a lot more to offer!!!!

so... it´s Absolute Dissent.... the Best KJ in YEARS!!!!!

let´s wait for the official release!!!!

best regards

d i a z