[kj] So new album..where does it stand

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 17:06:50 EDT 2010

Honour the Fire is definitely a contender for a bit of filler. Not a terrible
song though. Also there's Depthcharge, which is good but reminds me of Another
Bloody Election (a song I'd rather not be reminded of).

The album, as a whole, is really great. It sounds cohesive and deliberate, in
direct contrast to Hosannas which sounds exactly like a bunch of jam sessions
that got pieced together by some poor bastard of an engineer. The Great Cull,
whilst being one of the heavier tracks on the album, wouldn't sound out of place
at all on Night Time (if you use your imagination a little bit). It's got that
Tabazan/Europe vibe to it. A few of the songs that we heard seperately and
seemed a little lacklustre make a lot more sense in the context of the album,
Fresh Fever being the best example of that. Here Comes the Singularity is
another awesome number and probably the closest the album comes to the "classic
sound".

What's weird to me is that while several songs on the album do sound a little
like classic KJ, none of them really sound like classic Youth-era KJ. Weird.

Leigh

--

http://www.nightruiner.com
http://www.tstat.org