[kj] "ESS" single artwork:

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Thu Sep 2 20:22:36 EDT 2010

> Alex Smith wrote:

> > Nah, it wasn't Brian Bolland. It was another guy who was evidently dying of cancer.

> > I'd LOVE it for Bolland to do it.

> > Alex in NYC

> Off the top of my head, the only other fantasy/comic artists that have suffered from and /or died of

> cancer the last few years is Michael Turner, Dick Giordano and the great Frank Frazetta.

The only other Judge Dredd artist of note I can think of would be Simon Bisley who's very much alive:

http://www.simonbisley.biz/

I always thought this painting he did ("The Elder") would be a perfect KJ cover with little or no modifications (I added the text
for a cd-r compilation disc art):

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h26/Partyslammer/KillingJokeCDArt-1.jpg?t=1283470304

T.B.