[kj] ESS: the best single in decades?

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Sep 1 17:20:59 EDT 2010

Soy was all the craze for a while there then bodybuilders dropped it cold
turkey when the studies about Testosterone came out. Pretty hard for the
layperson to sift through the evidence but I'm pretty sure it's safe.
These days it's still stigmatised though, whey protein isolate /
concentrate and caesin are de rigeur.

Those magazines are the best way to get all the worst (over)training
advice and injure yourself in the shortest timeframe possible.

> I can easily find more, just using this as an example :)

> It's normally those bulk yourself to stupid mass size magazines that beg

> to differ..

> From: Per.G.Olsson at Miljonmysteriet.com

> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 21:05:23 +0200

> To: gathering at misera.net

> Subject: Re: [kj] ESS: the best single in decades?

> P=0.10 is not deemed as a statistically significant outcome. It's equal

> to something happening by chance 1 out of 10 times (as a comparison:

> getting three heads in a row when you flip a coin is 1/8 or P=0.125). If

> someone repeats the experiment and get the same outcome, then your'e

> talking....

> /Per

> 1 sep 2010 kl. 20.06 skrev folk devil:

> "A 14% decline in serum PSA levels (P=0.10), but no change in testosterone

> (P=0.70), was observed during the high soy diet in contrast to the low soy

> diet.Conclusion:The high adherence as shown by three measures of

> compliance in this pilot trial demonstrated the feasibility of an

> intervention based on soy foods among free-living men.European Journal of

> Clinical Nutrition advance online publication, 14 June 2006;

> doi:10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602473."

> From: folk.devil at hotmail.com

> To: gathering at misera.net

> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:00:48 -0700

> Subject: Re: [kj] ESS: the best single in decades?

> That's actually a myth.

> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 10:55:18 -0700

> From: saulomar1 at yahoo.com

> To: gathering at misera.net

> Subject: Re: [kj] ESS: the best single in decades?

>> ..Soy **

> Soy Drops Testosterone: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=9502

> but has plenty of Estrogen.

> **please to rethink original assumption.

> [looking at the current state of things..]

> 'Who has the fun..

> ..is it always a man with a gun...?

> Someone must have told him if you work too hard... you can sweat"

> From: Brendan <bq at soundgardener.co.nz>

>>> more