[kj] Hammersmith CDs

jon chapman jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 13:47:19 EDT 2010

Life is like a movie,if you've sat through more than half of it and its sucked every second so far,it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile.
No one should blame you for walking out early.

And what's the track off the new album that sounds like 'Pssyche'?

Absolute Dissent.

Hi all.

My CDs of the Hammersmith gig arrived today. The recording's pretty good, although the volume seems to drift up and down a bit. Generally happy with the performance, but is it me or is that a shockingly chaotic run through 'Eighties'? It's a notch too fast and Youth seems all over the place (so does Geordie at times, actually).

I know Raven didn't get a mention at the end, but Jaz does say "For our brother!" at the start of 'Love Like Blood'.

And what's the track off the new album that sounds like 'Pssyche'?

Jim.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

"Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.

Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.