[kj] Hugh Cornwell / Rattus Norvegicus live

Bill Meissner BMeissner at encorehollywood.com
Fri Oct 22 00:59:45 EDT 2010

Went and saw Hugh Cornwell last night at El Cid in L.A. last night.
He had Clem Burke on drums and Fish on bass. Fucking great show! 2 sets
- 2nd set was the Rattus Norvegicus album in it's entirety. Great sound
and the crowd was having a blast. Saw Billy Duffy walking around and I
heard Kevin Haskins was there too. If anyone has the chance to see this
lineup I would definitely suggest going. Hugh still has it. Standing in
front watching Clem Burke play drums was a joy for me since I rate him
high as far as rock drummers are concerned (check out his drumming in
that Target Video "Iggy Pop Live in San Francisco") and the bass player
Fish killed it playing "Goodbye Toulouse" probably my favorite of the
night. Since there's no chance of a true Stranglers reunion - this show
was the next best thing.

Billy Meissner