[kj] Adam Ant Live Tonight - Thanks for that.

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:01:35 EDT 2010

Cheers, Paul.
It sounds like yee had a good night :)

From: paulwady at hotmail.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:20:53 +0100
Subject: [kj] Adam Ant Live Tonight - Thanks for that.

He did indeed turn up. Doubtless because at 9:00 I was sitting in a front row pew to his extreme right, having met a charming Scottish fetishist in full Rob-Roy get up with face covering helmet and I kid you know, a 5ive-foot broadsword. A two-hander. Never mess with the Scots.
Adam came on as my pixx of tomorrow will demonstrate. About 50 of us made the gig, the huge gothic interior of the Union Chapel well lit and eerie. Perfect. It was like Adam at the start of his career, only with all the songs he did rehearsed perfectly. Even when he fluffed the odd line, he rode them seamlessly along the songs. Beautiful.
He looked a good 20-30 years younger than he is. Swore like a trooper and played lots of old stuff, Catholic Day, Never trust a man with egg on his face, CARTROUBLE - one of my favourite songs of all time, Ant Invasion...brilliant. He was strikingly attractive. Even straight old me could feel it. Looked just like an ex of mine who was, I swear, a bisexual bipolar. A nice girl of New Zealand-Italian parentage via London. He had these big specks on, just like he'd favoured in his twenties when he argued with his first wife. In fact, I have it on good authority that this was how they conducted their sado/masochistic relationship. He wanted to wear them in bed & she wanted them off.
So he played guitar, Stood and delivered, and dedicated Wonderful to his daughter, whom a woman in the audience reckoned he did not see much any more.... Bad sign. I caught his eye and made him smile.
He will be doing more around London. Did not get to speak to him. Put down on the emailing list though so tip-offs should be coming. It really was a good gig.
He discussed his daughters birthing position (Stand and Deliver), why he was late for it (Cartrouble), his family coming round (Aunt Invasion) and what happened in the end (Fallout). Yes, Baz the brave was indeed playing too, and a grand job he did.
He managed to procure a pair of tall, fit young backing singers in painted-on dresses and - no! - suzzies as we called them in the old days. Give most of the male audience heart attacks at their ages. Pixx tomorrow.

:)))

http://www.myspace.com/themodelaircraftmuseum
www.myspace.com/modelaircraftmuseumtouchingthesun

http://www.reverbnation.com/themodelaircraftmuseum#