[kj] Hammersmith highlights

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:46:04 EDT 2010

Thought you would be. I liked your Eighties rant the other day. I mean,
they've done worse songs, but it was still funny. I hate when people ask you
what bands you like and you're greeted by the inevitable Accrington
Stanley-style "KILLING JOKE!? Who are they?!" so you start listing their
relatively well-known songs. When I get to Eighties I always secretly hope
that isn't the one they recognise! Just something a bit dull and
one-dimensional about it. Lost something after the early live versions. Wish
they'd had the balls to leave Night Time a seven-track killer album rather
than tag on an old single that wasn't even the one before LLB. Nice video,
shame about the song, as the old Not The Nine O'Clock News sketch went.