[kj] (NKJ) Arcade Fire at The Shine in LA Last Night

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:02:44 EDT 2010

Curious what you think about the new Arcade Fire album. One of your
comments sounds like the material is strong, but you don't care for
the presentation on record. I think Funeral is great. I never warmed
to Neon Bible, which for me combined the worst of their bombast and
the tendency toward borderline too-precious-for-words (think Death Cab
For Cutie). The Suburbs does a lot to affirm my early enthusiasm.

So much of my favorite guitar-based rock these days comes out of
Canada -- Wolf Parade / Sunset Rubdown / Handsome Furs, Destroyer,
Frog Eyes.

--Mark