[kj] Linkin Park - more suns

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 9 00:26:54 EDT 2010

Same here, most metal music has always struck me as stilted & lifeless.and
having nothing to do with rock n roll.

When first asking a librarian as a 9 year old kid in the 70's if they "had
any rock n roll music I could check out", they sent me home with some KISS
record. I got home put the vinyl on and wondered why this "rock n roll" had
no power, no groove, no movement. I took the term literally I guess, you
know like "the music would have this sonic motion of rocking and rolling". i
remember thinking " it sounds like old people making something fake, like
music for the background of a movie that they didn't like...it didn't sound
fun or like the people making it where having fun, and best I remember, that
young interpretation of fun to mean 'similar to the way a live band sounds
when everyone is improvising and in a moment with themselves and an
audience.

To me Metal never had life, it always sounded like a cessation of energy,
sound without motion or any naturally motivated direction, like a pond
choked of algae.contaminated, stifling, it's there but meh.

Killing joke #1 was interesting, very much so, I listened and liked it. but
all attempts by killing joke to play metalish since have succeeded miserably
in reminding me that I could care less for the sonic contributions of those
genres.

_____