[kj] It's here

Matt Tibbits matt_tibbits at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:42:07 EDT 2010

They happened to be recording Endgame on one of the days I was lucky enough to visit the studio and the origins of the "who-hoo" sound was Youth doing a bendy high-note thing on his Vox Cheetah V267. I was quite surprised when the finished article had a more vocal sound on it but I agree it does hark back to Revelations/Fire Dances days when there were a lot of revelrous/celebratory "whoos" and suchlike scattered around the songs.

I'm very much in the pro-Endgame camp. A gloriously catchy stomp and gleeful doom-mongering in the great KJ tradition. Love the lyrics. The only song I struggled with is This World Hell but that's grown on me, too. Best album since Extremities for me and in my top five. The new songs are excellent live as well.