[kj] New KJ Bootleg From Amsterdam Sept 2010

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 18:53:50 EDT 2010

> ..the talking is a bit too much.

But not loud enough to dilute Youth's off-pitch backup vocals. Plus he gets the
backup vocals wrong in some of the choruses (chorii?) for "In Excelsis."
Honestly, it was oddly endearing to hear, just like BigPaul's drumming in
"Requiem." But yeah, Geordie could've benefitted from a bit more volume.

IIRC from when I'd dj at parties/weddings/etc., a soundcheck with an empty floor
is almost worthless when the dancefloor is packed with bodies. I think mids and
high's required approx. ear-level (2mtr-height?) midranges. Since Goerdie's  the
only one with lots of mids and highs, they may not have given it too much
thought, ergo i'm thinking it's why they totally underestimated Geordie's
volume.