[kj] malicious evening

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Nov 21 09:19:38 EST 2010

Yep, great night out.

Headcount fairly thundered through their set. Fast and at tunes tuneful! Really enjoyed it, along with the usual wit from Rob. ;-)

I skipped most of Beatundercontrol, as I was outside chatting with Dave. I caught about 5-10 mins at the end, and he looked pretty good.

Vertical Smile were also pretty good, though to be honest I preferred Transmission. But it's good to see Youth on stage...

Special mention must go to Mike and the visuals - really adds to the evening. And as Youth said shortly before the end: "Big up to Mike Coles, we wouldn't be here without him." Spot on - well done Mike!

Great to see everyone, and to have time for a chat (which I didn't before the Joke).

And what an odd final moment as I left... Rob (the HC bassist) asked me if I went to see James and the Giant Peach last Christmas. In case you're wondering, I did...and apparently so did he. Were any other gatherers there?

Jamie