[kj] (OT) Bauhaus box sets

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sat Nov 6 23:25:18 EDT 2010

Jim Harper wrote:

No, I just meant offical and/or legitimate releases. I know a number of them
(like the rejected version of the whole album)  have been bootlegged, but
I'm not much of a boot collecter (lack of opportunity, lack of money).

In which case you're left with a new live album and the remastered studio
album. I'll wager the sound of the rarities is better on this than on the
varying bootlegs, but obviously I can't know for sure.

Still a fine bargain for people looking to expand their collection.

I have all the Japanese mini-album cds that include anywhere from 5 - 8
bonus tracks per album plus the cd of rare pre-1980 demos, outtakes ect that
came with the "Beneath The Mask" book and off the top of my head, the new
remasters have all the same bonus tracks plus a several others all in much
better sound quality than any previous release. The live late 1981 set
that's the 3rd cd on Mask is an outstanding show as well.

T.B.