[kj] (OT) Bauhaus box sets

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sat Nov 6 14:03:36 EDT 2010

gathering-bounces at misera.net wrote:

Afternoon all

Miraculously, the Royal Mail managed to get my 3-disc edition of Bauhaus' second album Mask to me the day after it was posted.

The set itself is actually pretty damn good. The new remaster of the album sounds great. Afew of the rarities have already been seen
on earlier editions of the album, but most (12/17) haven't. I'm not always a fan of outtake after outtake with none of them sounding
much different, but there are some radical reworkings here, as well as some with entirely different lyric sets. Where's their take
on Spirit In The Sky though? Haven't been able to listen to the live show yet, but it's a complete set, along with Alan
Moore's spoken word intro.

An absolute must for Bauhaus fans. I don't imagine Burning From The Inside will get the same treatment, but this set is pretty
perfect, and damn cheap too.

I bought both the Mask and In The Flat Field boxes and got the bonus 7 song rarities cd when Beggars Banquet first sold them from
their website. Both great sets. I really hope BB releases the other studio albums in similar sets next year as well.

T.B.