[kj] Signed A/D

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 09:52:24 EDT 2010

Indeed. It appeared semi-appropriate when they first unveiled their 'sound'. As I imagine most journalists and writers (including myself) have attempted, I think the band struggle to find appropriation descriptions of a sound that at best differs in a song-by-song basis (AD) and at worst album-by-album (say, Democracy and KJ2003). There simply is no Killing Joke sound. And that's great, but it is something of pain in the ass in a culture based heavily on describing things.

iTunes is a fine example. All my KJ material is grouped as 'Post Punk', which is fine as a term but it doesn't reflect a damn thing.

Obviously, if I'd drivelling out of my feet here, feel free to complete ignore me.

Jim.