[kj] Two good reviews; one bad

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Tue Nov 2 11:54:22 EDT 2010

PopMatters:
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/132395-killing-joke-absolute-dissent/

UnderTheRadar:
http://www.undertheradar.co.nz/utr/review/CID/403/N/Absolute-Dissent.utr

Metal Register:
http://www.themetalregister.com/2010/11/01/killing-joke-absolute-dissent/

Review Aggregator:
http://www.anydecentmusic.com/review/2187/Absolute-Dissent.aspx

I find it curious when a metal-oriented site describes "AD" as relentlessly bleak and depressing. Given that the majority of the groups referenced on the site have names like "Suffering of the Misbegotten" etc. tells me that KJ are doing their job.

This review and the one in the Scotman also described the album as "monochromatic", which seems insane to me. If you will forgive a fanboy moment, this is one of the most varied and nuanced albums KJ have ever done, especially when compared to their last. I don't require that the rest of the world like my favorite band, but I do ask that reviewers listen to the entire album before forming an opinion.