[kj] New Topic: Unreleased Songs

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 17:55:55 EDT 2010

I've always assumed it was the same era as Birds of a Feather and Sun Goes Down, i.e. post Revelations/Youth/Iceland, but pre-Fire Dances.

Back in the eighties (and perhaps early nineties), Killing Joke moved through very distinct phases. It seemed like once they were in a new one, they didn't rate the old. ("This is our best album ever.") Consequently, tracks that represented the previous phase didn't get a studio look-in once the new phase had begun. (There are two exceptions to this, namely Wilful Days, which clearly didn't "belong" with Me Or You, whatever your opinion of either song, and Eighties, which somehow made it onto an album about 15 months after it was first aired live, and after many other tracks had come and gone.)

So, I think that Birds of a Feather, Sun Goes Down, and Take Take Take were all sidelined when the next new phase came along in the form of Fire Dances.

Total speculation, of course...

Jamie