[kj] Short review of "In Excelsis" by someone who may have heard it...

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Fri May 28 18:52:15 EDT 2010

On 28 May 2010, at 22:52, phil wrote:

> They really need to give Mr Coles a call....

while I wholeheartedly echo that sentiment, I really quite like the can-top-pop-art thing.
I also like the way the hammer & sickle KJ is subtly hidden in the ring pulls.

as for the significance in orientation & explaining it, my fat little brain sees the obvious thing about consumerism/global corporations
orientation wise I see clocks
Lots of twelves.
Mayan calendar end of an epoch 2012
So cover = globalism/consumerism/death of the world???
I'm no good with numbers or the significance of, but maybe the columns all add up like some killing joke game of sudoko
(875-020-079)
qabala?
maybe they point to letters. (9 cans, 9 letters, paulraven?)

I also see lots of smiling cyclops Buddhas with red noses...
also stony faced red masks with the hammer & sickle logo as it's 'third eye'
& a bunch of cans

Whether I'm right or wrong, I actually think it's very clever & a well thought out piece of design.
Krusty was just some goon thinking 'killing + joke - I know, I'll do a psycho clown - ooh! this needs MUSTARD!"

well, off the top of my beery head, it's a theory... :)

nighty-night