[kj] What is the Gathering?

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 05:12:28 EDT 2010

Well done Brendan. Genius with the Womble song.

Aaah, let me see...Twas a long time ago in the early 70's? The BBC tried to tour a Wombles stage show. It was in the Liverpool Echo what happened. My Aunt went to the box office of the biggest theatre in town to book it, to find lots of people trying to get their money back for the same show. Basically they toured a gang of dancers, miming to Messrs Batt and Cribbins and it was so bad people walked out of the thing. Check out Breakfast on Pluto the film for some full-on Womble on Womble, Wimbledon Common action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBkZ_ufZoLI